NO. 20 DOLLAR GENERAL TOYOTA
- Finished fifth in series points standings
- Made 12 th career appearance in the playoffs
- Made 600th career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start at Watkins Glen
- Posted wins at Dover-1 and New Hampshire-1
- Finished in the top-10 in eight of ten playoff races
- Earned an average finish of 13.9 and average start of 9.6 during the season
- Eliminated from the playoffs following the Round of 8
- Finished 15th in the driver point standings after missing two races during the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
- Third career season in the Sprint Cup Series where Kenseth earned more than five wins (2002, 2013).
- Five wins in 2015 including his first career victory at Pocono Raceway.
- Won the Sprint Unlimited, season opening Sprint Cup Series exhibition race at Daytona.
- Four pole awards and went on to win twice from the pole at Bristol 1 and Michigan 2.
- Earned 12 top-five and 20 top-10 finishes.
- Set two track records for greatest margin of victory at Pocono 2 and New Hampshire 2.
- Earned 11th berth into NASCAR's Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Kenseth began his racing career at the age of 16, winning his first feature event in only his third race. By the age of 19, Kenseth was racing against the likes of Dick Trickle, Ted Musgrave and Rich Bickle in the Wisconsin late model ranks. Kenseth got a fateful call in 1997 from a fellow Wisconsin racer, Robbie Reiser, who asked Kenseth to drive for his team in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, and from then on, Kenseth took the NASCAR world by storm. Kenseth was named the 2000 Raybestos Rookie of the Year, and just three years later, earned the 2003 Cup title.
Away from the track, Kenseth enjoys spending time with his family as well as cruising around on his Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Like all red-blooded Wisconsinites, Kenseth is an avid Green Bay Packers fan and enjoys following the NFL--annually participating in fantasy football and playing Madden NFL Football. In the off-season, Kenseth enjoys snowmobiling and hunting back in Wisconsin. An ardent reader, Kenseth enjoys the works of authors Vince Flynn and Brad Thor. Kenseth is married to his wife, Katie, and has four children, Ross, Kaylin, Grace, and Clara.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MATT, AND TO JOIN HIS OFFICIAL FAN CLUB, PLEASE VISIT WWW.MATTKENSETH.COM